Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oracle Mix Idea

Good morning and Happy New Year (I can say that in this late February post as I am the first person from our team to post in 2008). Last week I posted an idea on Oracle Mix (a very cool new Oracle site brought to you by the geniuses at Oracle Appslab) regarding converting Application Designer to a Java-based tool. App Designer is currently a Win32 app, requiring MS Windows. I would love to tell you I had great, altruistic means for the post, but truth be told, I just want to run App Designer in Linux. And I am sure that I am not the only one. I am sure there are several kindred spirits out there running Mac and Linux boxes that have at one time or another also wished App Designer was cross-platform.

IMHO, making App Designer platform independent is a good business move. Having an IDE where the customer can decide what platform they want to run it on is a good thing. A company that is not necessarily a Windows shop wouldn't have to sink the extra cash on a virtualization solution or purchase unnecessary extra machines.

Anyway, my $02. If you want to vote on my Mix idea, the url is: https://mix.oracle.com/ideas/18401-make-peoplesoft-application-designer-java-based-and-platform-independent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.